Sunday, June 30, 2013

40 Acts 40 Years

This is the year!  The year of the big 4-0!  On July 31st to be exact.  Last year when I turned 39, I began the countdown of saying good bye to my thirties, and unfortunately headed down a road of negative emotions and feelings absolutely dreading my birthday this year.  

One day I realized that I was being absolutely ridiculous, I have so many blessings in my life to be thankful for!  My marriage, family, faith, friends, career and home (ok maybe a bigger home would nice:-) are all that I could ever ask for! It was time for a major attitude adjustment!!  

My inner peace comes from serving others, and what a better way to shed some positive light on this milestone birthday than to perform 40 random acts of kindness during the month of July to celebrate 40 years of a blessed life!  My intent for these 40 acts is to make smiles happen and for family, friends, acquaintances and random strangers to have a moment where they feel thankful for an unexpected "gift" they receive.

This blog is meant to provide a history of these 40 acts over the next 31 days, in hopes to inspire others to be kind and discover happiness by giving to others.

1 comment:

  1. Kelly - what a neat idea and good for you! Welcome to the blogging world too. Careful you just might find it addictive!

    ReplyDelete