Monday, July 8, 2013

Day 8 Acts 9 & 10

Today was my first day back at work after vacation. I had a terrible feeling of concern overcome me in the middle of the day about finding time to complete an act each day during the work week.  I quickly put it out my mind and told myself, shush it and just do it!! As it turns out, the kids and I were able to pull off two acts of kindness.  Woo hoo! 

Act 9 
I thought it was the perfect day to take our kindness outside.  The first act of kindness today was going on a trash walk. We went to a local park and took a walk with our heads and eyes looking for "treasures"  Along the way we were able to find enough trash to almost fill a grocery bag. 


We stopped along the way and talked to a couple of kids that had been there for five hours fishing for turtles. We were able to see one of their big catches, a large snapping turtle. I also discovered that both of my kids are excellent trash collectors. :-)


Act 10

For this act we thought it would be nice to treat our duck friends! And oh boy, were they everywhere! 


As soon as we walked up to the pond area they started flocking towards us for food. I have never seen that many ducks come out of the water at once. 


They even came close enough to eat out of our hands. It was crazy and fun for all three of us. I think I may have even enjoyed it more than Allie and Andrew. :-)


No comments:

Post a Comment